Early Years at APMS (PreKG, LKG, UKG)
Our Early Years Programme spans three years Prekindergarten, Lower Kindergarten and Upper Kindergarten and nurtures the young child's curiosity, develops creative problem-solving skills and inspires confidence to approach new situations with skills and independence.
Our students acquire knowledge in a caring, creative and open-minded environment with a strong emphasis on individual learning styles. The children enjoy a warm and caring environment where they interact with their peers and nurturing adults in a variety of activities. The activities and experiences provided for the students are designed to capture their interest in learning, encouraging them to be creative and at the same time to satisfy their desire to explore and discover.
Our objectives are to-
- Teach to a variety of learning styles geared to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Allow for individual learning and for learning in a social context.
- Support cross-curricular teaching so a child can make connections with different areas of education.
- Learn the importance of character development
- Students in the 21st century are faced with the challenge of learning about an interconnected world where knowledge is constantly developing. Recognizing that knowledge is not static, the program seeks to uncover enduring understandings through a concept driven, inquiry-based curriculum framework.
- Important features of this framework are the explicit teaching of skills, the development of personal attitudes and student engagement in self-initiated, responsible action. Theme based teaching encompass the basics of Language, Arts, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Science, Computer Literacy, Music and Physical Education.
- The essential goal of the Primary Program is to have each child become an independent learner while valuing the interdependence in the world during the five essential forming years of life. It offers a balance between learning about or through the subject areas, and learning beyond them.
- Being one of the best school in Coimbatore, APMS educates students to excel both academically and personally and to care and respect the school community and the community in which they live. Evaluation and progressive testing is an ongoing process that takes place throughout the year with daily quizzes, participation, projects and homework as part of Formative Assessment Strategies.
- Continuing with the spirit of Structured Inquiry, the middle years provide a framework of academic challenge that encourages students to embrace and understand the connections between traditional subjects and the real world, and become critical and reflective thinkers.
- We strive to focus our energies on guiding students to become powerfully literate, well rounded academically and responsible first to themselves then to local community and finally to the global community. With us, in addition to the core subjects of Math, English, Tamil, Science and social studies , all students will take physical education classes.
- To enhance students future we provide best NEET/IIT-JEE coaching in Coimbatore.
- Wherever it is advantageous and appropriate we take education outside of the classroom to involve students in experiential learning. Various Experience trips are conducted in our campus . They provide students with a choice of community service, adventure or historical and cultural options.
- With all trips of this nature, significant emphasis in placed on developing leadership and communication skills in students, as well as self-reliance, compassion and cross-cultural understanding.
Grade 11 and 12
- The Sr. Sec. Program at APMS represents a passage from adolescence into adulthood. Students in this age bracket have acquired a sense of personal identity and self-esteem. They are very inquisitive, eager to stretch intellectually, interested in sorting out their full potential and quite willing to assume some form of independence.
- The aim is to equip them with skills to participate actively and responsibly in an ever-changing and increasingly interrelated world with relevant knowledge database.
- Along with this, we offer a healthy array of extra-curricular programs in the arts and sports and encourage participation in a wide assortment of clubs and other activities including Environmental, Newspaper, Yearbook,Drama, Band, Interact and others.